Diablo Ballet School students who wish to pursue a career as a professional ballet dancer are invited to audition for our Trainee Program. Students are selected to participate in the Trainee Program by invitation from Diablo Ballet’s Artistic Director and Director of the Diablo Ballet School, Lauren Jonas; Diablo Ballet Regisseur, Joanna Berman; and School Principal and Company Dancer, Raymond Tilton. This comprehensive program gives the student the experience necessary to transition from student to professional dancer, all while offering personal attention in a positive and nurturing environment.
Students accepted into the Trainee Program, will have the following benefits:
- Take company class with Diablo Ballet
- Perform a highlighted role in Diablo Ballet’s March performances of Coppélia and featured in Diablo Ballet School Nutcracker Suite performance in November and the Student Performance in June
- Participate in company rehearsals throughout the season, including understudying for company performances, touring performances and participating in special events
- Access to world renown guest choreographers throughout the season
- Receives a shoe stipend
- Complimentary access to the ballet’s medical and physical therapy team
Audition for Diablo Ballet’s Trainee Program and Ballet Level 5
Diablo Ballet will hold a special audition taught by School Principal, Diablo Ballet company member and former dancer with San Francisco Ballet, Raymond Tilton, on Monday, August 12 from 5:30-7:00 pm. There will be an informative Q&A from 7:00-7:30 pm., which parents are welcome to attend.
Monday, August 12, 5:30 – 7:30
1948 Oak Park Blvd.
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Cost: $10 per student
Please RSVP by August 9th to email@example.com or call 925.943.1775, ext. 3.